(If the opening ceremonies include an invocation, the invocation should precede all other
ceremonies, such as the singing of the National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance, and
shall be done in accordance with an invocation policy as adopted by the Board of
(Reading aloud is waived as long as the Board has been furnished a copy in the packet
prior to the meeting)
Any person shall be permitted to address a meeting of the Board of Commissioners which is required to be open to the public under the provisions of the Michigan Open Meetings Act. Public Comment shall be carried out in accordance with the following Board Rules and Procedures:
Any person wishing to address the Board shall state his or her name and address.
No person shall be allowed to speak more than once on the same matter, excluding time needed to answer Commissioners' questions, if any. The Chairperson shall control the amount of time each person shall be allowed to speak, which shall not exceed three (3) minutes. The Chairperson may, at his or her discretion, allow an additional opportunity or time to speak if determined germane and necessary to the discussion.
Public comment will be solicited during the two public comment periods noted in Rule 5.4, Order of Business. However, public comment may be received during the meeting when a specific agenda topic is scheduled for discussion by the Board. Prior to the first public comment, the Chairperson will indicate the topics on the agenda for which public comment will be accepted. Members of the public wishing to comment should raise their hand or pass a note to the clerk in order to be recognized, and shall not address the board until called upon by the chairperson. Please be respectful and refrain from personal or political attacks.
The purpose of the Consent Calendar is to expedite business by grouping non-controversial items together to be dealt with by one Commission motion without discussion. Any member of the Commission, staff or the public may ask that any item on the Consent Calendar be removed and placed elsewhere on the agenda for full discussion. Such requests will be automatically respected.
If any item is not removed from the consent calendar, the action noted (receive & file or approval) is approved by a single Commission action adopting the consent calendar.
All Information identified on the Consent Calendar can be viewed in it's entirety at www.grandtraverse.org.
1) Grand Traverse Conservation District Minutes of 4-15-19
2) Department of Health and Human Services Minutes of 4-23-19
3) Airport Commission Minutes of 4-30-19
4) Grand Traverse Conservation District - May 2019 Report
5) Grand Traverse County Treasurer 2018 Annual Report
6) Grand Traverse County Road Commission Monthly Report June 2019
7) Expenditures Over $5,000 (May 15-June 7, 2019)
1) Grand Traverse Sheriff's Office - Crime Lab Surplus Property
2) Human Resources - Employee Benefit Program Coordinator
3) Foreclosure Fund - Excess Proceeds
4) Updated Policies and Procedures
5) FY2019 Budget Amendments
6) May 2019 Claims Approval
7) IT - Google GSuite and Google Apps Vault Renewal (July 2019-2020)
8) 2019 Tax Rate Request (L-4029)
(Grand Traverse Resort)